Teraz jest 29 mar 2024 10:58:40

Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 37 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2, 3
eBooki coraz ważniejsze - komentarze 
Autor Wiadomość
Użytkownik

Post Re: eBooki coraz ważniejsze - komentarze
Mori napisał(a):
Still, you can switch between other devices without any problem and it'll even sync the furthest page read, which is a really cool option.

That's a good news! How can I do it with my Kindle for PC and BeBook Club?
t3d napisał(a):
Out of the two I prefer Amazon's DRM. At least I can read the books without the need of having computer running MS Windows.

I prefer Adobe's DRM. At least I can read books without a need of having reader from Amazon.

t3d napisał(a):
When I want to use the book later (and possibly on another device), I pay slightly more at O'Reilly. They just run their business in the way everybody should.

So I guess the O'Reilly's solution is the right one, not Amazon's one.

31 mar 2011 20:30:15
Admin

eCzytnik: eClicto, iPad, K3 WiFi, K4
mmokrzycki napisał(a):

It's simple! You just have to sell your old BeBook Club, buy another Kindle and voila! Problem solved!

mmokrzycki napisał(a):
I prefer Polish solution. At least I can read books without a need of having reader from Amazon.

The only POLISH solution is eClicto. Go on, buy a book there and read it on your BeB... Oh wait! You have to have eClicto or a PC with MS Windows. But it's POLISH!

Adobe DRM is not a Polish solution nor is owned by Polish company. It just happens to be used by some (not all) of Polish eBookstores - and that's it.

mmokrzycki napisał(a):
So I guess the O'Reilly's solution is the right one, not Amazon's one.

Nobody is trying to convince you that Amazon's solution is the best one out there - because it's not (no-DRM or social DRM are much better). It's just that Amazon offers you easier access to their bookstore than Adobe (you don't need PC/Mac at all) and ATM Kindle has the best price/value ratio and Pearl screen - so it's a better (device-wise) choice than others (except if you need touchscreen which Kindle is obviously missing).

Muad'Dib uczył się prędko, ponieważ najpierw przeszedł szkolenie jak się uczyć. A najpierwszą ze wszystkich otrzymał lekcję podstawowej wiary, że może się nauczyć. Szokuje odkrycie, jak wielu ludzi nie wierzy, że mogą się nauczyć, a o ile więcej uważa, że nauka jest trudna.

31 mar 2011 20:58:38
Zobacz profil WWW
Użytkownik

Mori napisał(a):
mmokrzycki napisał(a):

It's simple! You just have to sell your old BeBook Club, buy another Kindle and voila! Problem solved!

But you said that I can sync with other device, which in my case is BeBook, so your advice doesn't make any sense! Besides, my BeBook is not old, it's new!

Mori napisał(a):
mmokrzycki napisał(a):
I prefer Polish solution. At least I can read books without a need of having reader from Amazon.

The only POLISH solution is eClicto. Go on, buy a book there and read it on your BeB... Oh wait! You have to have eClicto or a PC with MS Windows. But it's POLISH!

Adobe DRM is not a Polish solution nor is owned by Polish company. It just happens to be used by some (not all) of Polish eBookstores - and that's it.

Yes, I edited my post before your answer was posted as it was misleading in quoted form. I ment that I prefer solution most popular on the Polish ebook market - Adobe DRM - over Amazon's one.

Mori napisał(a):
Nobody is trying to convince you that Amazon's solution is the best one out there - because it's not (no-DRM or social DRM are much better). It's just that Amazon offers you easier access to their bookstore than Adobe (you don't need PC/Mac at all) and ATM Kindle has the best price/value ratio and Pearl screen - so it's a better (device-wise) choice than others (except if you need touchscreen which Kindle is obviously missing).

I still think that it is not easier in any way if I cannot choose my own reader and I need to stick to Kindle (which is the best reader, unless, for some reason, other reader has features, which are missing in Kindle).

31 mar 2011 21:36:03
Admin

eCzytnik: eClicto, iPad, K3 WiFi, K4
mmokrzycki napisał(a):
But you said that I can sync with other device, which in my case is BeBook, so your advice doesn't make any sense! Besides, my BeBook is not old, it's new!

While I said you can sync you data with other devices, at no point did I stated it was ANY device you have. ADE does not offer ANY syncing at all, does it? That means Amazon's solution wins with Adobe's in that matter.

mmokrzycki napisał(a):
I ment that I prefer solution most popular on the Polish ebook market - Adobe DRM - over Amazon's one.

And I prefer solution offered by Kolporter since I own eClicto. So what?

mmokrzycki napisał(a):
I still think that it is not easier in any way if I cannot choose my own reader and I need to stick to Kindle (which is the best reader, unless, for some reason, other reader has features, which are missing in Kindle).

And that's the reason you bought BeBook Club I assume. Awesome, congratulations on your eReader choice, because what counts most is how it suits your individual needs. Now, do you have anything to contribute to the topic other than stating the obvious? Maybe some stories about how Polish publishers care about their customers? I'd love to hear that as a response to Mayka's opinion.

To be honest, the only real advantage of ADEPT over Amazon's is that it's used for library lending - still unavailable in Poland (we still lack a local OverDrive), unfortunately.

Muad'Dib uczył się prędko, ponieważ najpierw przeszedł szkolenie jak się uczyć. A najpierwszą ze wszystkich otrzymał lekcję podstawowej wiary, że może się nauczyć. Szokuje odkrycie, jak wielu ludzi nie wierzy, że mogą się nauczyć, a o ile więcej uważa, że nauka jest trudna.

31 mar 2011 22:16:59
Zobacz profil WWW
Admin

eCzytnik: kindle
Dobra, pokazaliśmy wydawcom, że posługujemy się j. angielskim, a teraz może już wrócimy do polskiego, bo to trochę po chamsku wobec innych, być może nie aż tak biegłych czytelników forum :P

01 kwi 2011 7:18:27
Zobacz profil WWW
Użytkownik

eCzytnik: InkPad 3, Kobo Forma
t3d napisał(a):
Dobra, pokazaliśmy wydawcom, że posługujemy się j. angielskim, a teraz może już wrócimy do polskiego, bo to trochę po chamsku wobec innych, być może nie aż tak biegłych czytelników forum :P

Ja przestałem was czytać, bo angielski wylewa mi się już uszami po pracy, innych stronach, filmach, książkach - nie zabierajcie mi tej wysepki polskiego języka. ;)

01 kwi 2011 7:44:56
Admin

eCzytnik: kindle
Dziś przypomniała mi się ta dyskusja, po poszukiwaniu ebooków Józefa Mackiewicza.

Wpisałem sobie nazwisko do wyszukiwarki. Efekt? Jest! ...jeden ebook wydany przez Yale University Press a sprzedawany przez Amazona za $44.99: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Y8XIZY/?tag=josbl0e-cpb-20

08 wrz 2011 14:44:13
Zobacz profil WWW
Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 37 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2, 3